miércoles, 27 de diciembre de 2017

10 Shoutouts 2017

Following this last year's week list, it's time for me to talk about the format I listened to the most in 2017: albums. I've already mentioned the ones that disappointed me the most, and what's left is to to talk about the ones I loved the most. Firstly, I was trying to do a 75-albums list but I decided to narrow it down to just 50, and leave this space to recognise albums that I find pretty interesting and worth-consuming, but somehow couldn't make it to my list of favourites. These are the shoutouts I didn't want to stop mentioning and that I will certainly hope to go back in the future. They are ordered alphabetically because I didn't want to pose a hierarchy, since I like them in pretty much the same way or with the same amount of power. Here they are:


Converge - The Dusk In Us

A lustrous example of how to mesmerise with violence and cacophony.


Dale Crover - The Fickle Finger Of Fate

An exhilarating jam rock album from one of the most experienced drummers around.


Daniel Caesar - Freudian

Some majestic broken-hearted R&B songs that appeal, congeal and warm up at the same time.


Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

If 2017 is to be a drama, let's love the fact this album serves as its script.


IDLES - Brutalism

Brutal songs that feel as gut-punching and cerebral as realistically necessary.


Japanese Breakfast - Soft Sounds From Another Planet

A clear example of self-service and self-improvement taken the form of a hell of a record.


Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now

Some of the most charming and sympathetic soft pop songs of the year.


Protomartyr - Relatives In Descent

Another surpassing album that's as frenetic as menacing in its own ethos.


The Mountain Goats - Goths

A wonderful concept record from one of the most consistently lit bands out there.


The xx - I See You

The indie-going-popular band returns with their catchiest, liveliest album to surprisingly refreshing results.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario